Just days after the Department of Education released Gainful Employment Informational Debt Measures and Gainful Employment Informational Loan Medians to institutions, GE is Dead!
On Saturday, United States District Judge Rudolph Contreras struck down Gainful Employment rules in a suit that the Association of Private Colleges and Universities brought against the Department of Education and Secretary Arne Duncan to challenge Gainful Employment rules.
Check out the full text of the legal decision here:
- Why some for-profit colleges could lose eligibility for federal aid (csmonitor.com)
- For-Profit Colleges Worst At Graduating Students Who Can Repay Loans (huffingtonpost.com)
- Feds: For-profit colleges could lose federal student aid (onlineathens.com)
- If Colleges Want Federal Funds, They’ll Have to Prove Students Get Jobs (theatlantic.com)
- Education Department releases data on ‘gainful employment’ rule (insidehighered.com)